Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Treats and Visiting Santa

Words cannot express how elated I was to discover no one else got sick in the family after Natalie's bout of the stomach flu on Thursday, which meant we were all able to spend the day visiting with most of the extended family of Rimingtons on Saturday. We spent the day immersing ourselves in everything sugary; fudge, chocolate covered pretzels, and sugar cookies. My kids had so much sugar yesterday, they were on a high until 10 p.m.!

After dinner, we decided to venture out and see the lights over at Willard Bay. The kids were in 7th heaven with all of the cool lights and action packed displays. My favorite part was getting to visit Santa at the end, and get this...NO LINE! That's what I'm talking about! I chuckled at all of the people standing in line for the hay ride and thanked my lucky stars I had forgotten to bring the kids' gloves and hats.

Today we have been attempting to sober up from the sugar fest hangover we had from yesterday, just in time for my German Hotcake Dinner (or breakfast - whatever you want to call it!)loaded with butter, syrup, and powdered sugar! 'Tis the holiday season though, right?

2 comments:

James and Katrina said...

Hi. Thanks for inviting us to your blog. You have a lovely family. Are you ready for CHristmas?

Janell said...

We were on a bit of sugar high ourselves!