Friday, December 19, 2008

Dana's Musings for the Week

I was so gung ho about my blog last week, that I thought of tons of things to write about, but now it's been nearly a week since my last entry, and I have had nothing interesting to write about! So here are a few snippets of my thoughts this week.

On Monday we attended Alicia's gymnastics recital, open house, show off thing-a-majig...whatever they called it. It was the best recital I've been to in awhile. We arrived and sat around the main gym while they introduced all the girls in Alicia's class level. After they finished their warm ups, they divided out into their classes. We followed her small group around to the different events (balance beam, bars, tramp, vault, and floor). Then we were out of there in less than 45 minutes!! I can definitely handle that after the two hour plus dance recitals we were used to.

On Tuesday, I got to go to the cannery. I carpooled with my friend, who spent about the same amount I did, but walked away with twice as many boxes as me! Turns out wheat is a whole lot cheaper than things like carrots and apple slices. I was hoping to add some fun things to our uninteresting supply of wheat, rice, and noodles.

Last night, I needed to go grocery shopping and told John I might be awhile as I wanted to go to Sam's Club and Smith's. I returned home at 9:30 p.m. and noticed Natalie's light was still on...not a good sign as she goes to bed at 8 p.m. I walked in to see my loving husband giving her a bath and cleaning up her bed after she had thrown up. We got her settled back into bed thinking maybe she just ate something funny.

We crashed into bed shortly after 11 p.m. with dreams of sugarplums dancing in our heads. Of course, my dreams were interrupted at midnight, 1 a.m., 2 a.m., 3:30 a.m., and 5 a.m. to Natalie getting sick. So much for a long winter's nap. Now begins the waiting game to see if anyone else in the family shares her fate. We are praying that we stay healthy as we have some fun plans with family visiting from out of town.

P.S. Note the day of the week when she got sick...please refer to the Nursery posting listed below.

No comments: