Thursday, December 11, 2008

Nursery - The Good, The Bad, and the Snotty

I absolutely love the fact that Natalie is in nursery now at church, which now allows us to enjoy our classes (John in Sunday School, and me in primary as the chorister). However, this is the schedule we have been following since she started 2 months ago:

1st Sunday - Attend nursery healthy as a clam.
Following Thursday - Exhibit signs of runny nose, fever, cough, or some other unpleasant illness.
2nd Sunday - Stay home from church as a result of unpleasant illness.
3rd Sunday - Healthy again! Attend nursery.
Following Thursday - more snot. Oh no, not again.
4th Sunday - yup, still sick - stay home from church again.

I am not kidding you - we have literally followed this pattern for 2 months, and yes, you guessed it, it's Thursday Snot Day as she went to nursery on Sunday. Ugh. Let the cycle continue.

6 comments:

M. Nelson said...

Nursery is both a blessing AND a curse. I'm finding the same true of kindergarten as I have my son home sick...again.

Janell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janell said...

I remember one time when they asked the young men to help in nursery. Justin (about age 14) was rocking a crying child when she suddenly threw up on him! He was so shocked! The mother apologized and said the child had been sick that morning! (sigh) Justin made a vow to never cross the threshold of nursery again! :-)

Janell said...

The removed post was mine! I made a major typo and it was driving me crazy! :-)

Smith Family said...

Tis the season!! I totally understand the nursery snot wars. Jake has only been to nursery once in the last 3 months.

zohner said...

Ahhh,the joys of sending children into a room full of outbreak monkeys. This seems very much like the pattern that our family has been subjected to ever since our kids were old enough to attend nursery.