Thursday, July 2, 2009

A Day at the Beach


Many of you may already know this about me, but one of my most absolute favorite places to be is the beach...preferably a warm one. Since there isn't much ocean front to be seen in the good ole state of Utah, we had to find another beach to make due. Enter Pineview Reservoir Beach...my new favorite place! Too bad they charge $10 to get in or I'd go there every week this summer. Actually, we might still do that and just budget that into our month. Much cheaper than a day at the local swimming hole where you have to pay per person, rather than per car load.

I was driving home from my latest OB appointment on Tuesday morning and drove past the canyon that leads up to Pineview Reservoir, which is located just past Ogden Canyon in the valley next to Eden...soo beautiful by the way surrounded by cool mountains. With the bright sunny day, it was a perfect beach day I decided, so when I got home, the girls and I loaded up the car and headed to the beach!!

I had only planned to stay for a few hours, but it was so much fun that we ended up staying most of the day, and now I have burned shoulders to show for it despite my constant applications of sun screen. Given the fact that my shoulders have not seen sun for a very long time, I guess that is the price I pay for enjoying the sun, sand, and water. Totally worth it in my book.

3 comments:

M. Nelson said...

That place looks awesome! Here I'd lived in Utah all my life and I didn't even know it existed. You'll have to show it to us.

Janell said...

What a great day!

Smith Family said...

Is that the bikini? He he