Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Two Projects - Done!!

We have two projects done now, so you would think we'd be celebrating, but for some reason, now it just feels like we've only put a teeny dent in our long list of projects for the summer...grrr. Okay, I'm trying to look at the bright side - atleast we have projects to keep us busy so we're not bored :)


John completed the closet in our bedroom complete with double the storage! Now he plans to move onto the bathroom, and we will get to share the main bathroom with the girls for the duration. Defintely NOT a pleasant prospect as they aren't very neat in the bathroom. My OCD will probably make sure I clean the sink, counter, and mirror every morning before I take a shower.

John also got all of the grass put in the backyard, thanks in large part to plenty of help from his dad, brother Justin, and two of our friends and their kids :) The older kids were actually quite helpful John said as they helped load up the wagon, and helped unroll grass in the back. I'm told it was quite the process and they had it completed in only a few hours. I of course was no where to be seen that day as I had a ladies weekend down in Salt Lake City with some of my gal friends.

I completely spaced it and forgot to take pictures, so you'll get my lovely description instead. We ate dinner at P.F. Changs Friday night, then headed back to the Red Lion Hotel for a movie, treats (lots of them), and beading our necklaces. We all slept well and got up on Saturday to a fun-filled day at Gateway brousing stores and finding good deals. We all came away with a pair of Gap jeans for $10!!! What a steal!! Too bad I have to wait 4 more months or so before I can wear mine (probably more actually until I get my pre-baby body back).

4 comments:

Janell said...

More storage! You can always use more storage! :-)

Glad you had a great girls weekend. Everyone needs to get away once in awhile!

John said...

Definitely a big thanks to everyone that helped!!!

Melissa said...

I love reading your blog, Dana. Thanks for sharing your life with us.

zohner said...

Good to see that the list of projects is now a bit shorter. If yours is anything like mine, the more that gets done, the more there is to do. This summer is going by way too fast for me and my projects...