Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Easiest Birthday Cake Ever!

In years past, I have usually done a birthday cake with special pans, oodles of stars made from frosting, and hours of work later only to have the yummy cake devoured by the natives in seconds. I would like to say I decided to try something new because I researched for hours and took classes, etc, but alas, that is not the case.

It occurred to me just a few days ago that Alicia's birthday was just around the corner and I had not bought a pan or raided my mother-in-law's supply of pans. I have already used my sets of pans twice for the girls and decided a third time would definitely not be the charm in their book, so I went to my trusty internet, typed in 'easy girls birthday cakes' and wa-la! Beach cake won out and let me tell you, this was the easiest, most simple birthday cake I have ever done! Even better, Alicia got to help out and said, "this is the coolest cake ever mom!"

Since I am now the coolest mom by doing the coolest, yet easiest cake ever, I'm going to try these easy cakes more often in the future :)

Yes, those are a few dead fish in the water - Alicia's creative endeavors, not mine.

3 comments:

M. Nelson said...

Adorable, Dana!

Happy Birthday, Alicia!

Smith Family said...

Very nice cake. I like that one better then the ones that take hours!

Janell said...

I'm so impressed!!!