Thursday, July 30, 2009

Nothing Compares to the Garden Tomato

I just had the first ripe cherry tomato out of our garden and I am reminded how much I lovvee the little red cuties, especially when they are 100% fresh. I am so excited to see my two tomato plants doing well and about ready to pop out a bucketful by next week. Yum. I have been enjoying the raspberry bushes too, but I have to sneak out and get them before my daughters discover the ripe berries.

In addition to devouring the garden sampler, I have been trying to find fun and cheap activities to keep my kids busy during these long summer days, so today we hiked the Lagoon Trail in Farmington - perfect for this hot weather because it is 90% shade. Kimberly and Alicia roller bladed while I pushed Natalie in the stroller. It was lovely with birds, fireflies, and even a snake. I think we'll do the trail again next week.

2 comments:

M. Nelson said...

Yum. Tomatoes.

Hiking, in Utah heat, while pregnant? You have my complete respect!

Gail said...

We have a spot for our garden box in the back yard. Next year I can't wait for home grown, delicious garden tomatoes.