Thursday, April 9, 2009

Spring Break



After early outs every day of last week, I was not looking forward to the girls' Spring Break this week, but I have been pleasantly surprised...it has been a really good week. Things started out on a good note when my sister, Christy and her family arrived on Sunday. We enjoyed conference and some good dutch oven dinner.

Monday we colored Easter eggs with them and went to the castle park. They left Monday afternoon. It was sad to see them go so soon, but we will see them again in June - only 2 months away. I think I can make it.

Monday night we had our second annual moonlight Easter egg hunt with the neighbors. We decided to have a family home evening lesson beforehand and a fun craft while we hid the eggs. The kids had a blast looking for eggs with flashlights (note - each of the eggs had reflective tape on it). It is definitely a twist on the usual Easter egg hunt.

Tuesday we went to Layton Park and talked to the ducks. They informed us they were well fed, thank you very much, as could be seen by the mounds of bread floating in the water.

Wednesday the girls went down to their cousins house in West Jordan for a sleep over. Aahhh...blessed quietness with just Natalie and I in the afternoon, and then a quiet dinner with John. We had so much fun just the 3 of us running errands after dinner.

Thursday it was back to having the tribe back together again. I decided to brave the Discovery children's museum down at Gateway in Salt Lake. I was prepared for a huge crowd since it was spring break, and it was raining - two reasons to send any and all kids in the vicinity in droves to this popular play area. I was pleasantly surprised at how much fun we had even with all the extra people. We spent most of the day there and had a wonderful time. I was so glad that Kim and Alicia were old enough to stay in the general area while I stayed with Natalie.

Thank goodness tomorrow is the last day of spring break, and then back to school next week. Natalie and I are already looking forward to our normal quietness next week. As I speak, a hoard of neighbor kids have decended upon my living room where the girls have built a ginormous fort. Oh dear...I just went in to check on them and it is a huge disaster! Sigh. Cleaning house with kids is like shoveling snow in a snowstorm.

Here are more pics of our day at the museum:









3 comments:

Glen said...

Oh, I wish I could be a little kid again -- but only during the fun times like this.

Dad Meldrum

James and Katrina said...

So fun to read your blog! Congratulations on your new addition! Happy Easter!

M. Nelson said...

Our spring break begins today. I'm looking for some things to keep Ethan entertained without the use of the TV. You gave me some ideas. Thanks.