Sunday, April 5, 2009

Change of Routine

Most of you know that I am obsessed with my routine - I always do my laundry every Friday, I clean the house every Saturday, I change the sheets every Wednesday, and up until this month have done my grocery shopping every other Friday since living in this house (10 years). I say up until this month because John's paydays are now on the 5th and 20th of the month. This makes bill paying much easier on my stress level because we hit the days right on instead of getting a wee bit stressed when certain bills were due on the 5th, and payday wasn't until the 10th!

However, I can no longer go grocery shopping on Fridays for the obvious reason that the 5th and 20th fall on different days every month. Added to this fact, I will need to buy enough groceries for 2 1/2 weeks instead of two...Can you see my stress increasing as I think of the changes I am going to have to make!! Aagghh!! I am stressing even as I type this.

Breathe in......Breath out.....one more time now....okay, I'm relaxed (I think). Anyway, this will just take some time to adjust to. Maybe I can make it into a game. Let's guess what day of the week I will be shopping this month? Monday! At least both days are Mondays. Let's see, for the month of May I will be shopping on...Tuesday the 5th and then Wednesday the 20th! I guess that is my new excitement in life. If you call and I am not home, perhaps I am out grocery shopping.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's funny.I.. feel your stress!...because I'm the same way. Wash on Friday, vacuum Mon and Thur, bathrooms on Monday and Friday etc. Since I despise grocery shopping, I make a menu list for the month and buy everything for the month. I then only have to go to the store one other time during the month to get eggs and milk. I set it up the same way as the rest of my life...leftovers Mon, chicken recipes Tue and Fri, kid night Thur, breakfast, Wed, etc.

Let me know how your changes go..=)

M. Nelson said...

Way to shake things up! Next thing you know you'll be doing laundry any ol' day of the week!

Janell said...

Organization has always been my weakness. Laundry was always when the hamper overflowed! :-)

Nelson Nine said...

Oh Dana, I used to be organized like you--those were the days. Now I grocery shop whenever the milk runs out and the kids start begging the neighbors for food. I can't remember the last time I changed the sheets and Devin asked me the other day why I call them "Saturday jobs" if we never do them on Saturday. Welcome, I promise it will be okay!

Smith Family said...

It's about time you become more like your sister. Yes, our laundry is actually overflowing into the hallway right now, and I finally went grocery shopping today after realizing I should stop borrowing food from our neighbor. he he....

Shannon Durocher said...

Chores? What are chores? Saturday used to be chore day growing up...remember Mom's organized and repeated routine doing chores? Well, I wish that was the same in my household but Saturday has become our 1 day of the week we try to get out of the house and do fun things. Oh, how I wish my house were clean. I'm always drained and sleepy. Maybe summer break will bring that opportunity? Or as Dad might say when he found out a neighbor or ward member was doing house cleaning or yard work, "Why don't you come and do that at our house?"