Monday, April 13, 2009

Lovin in the Sun

Amidst the snow and rain from last week, it was actually sunny yesterday and today - and boy, did I ever soak it up. As I was gazing out at the beautiful morning thinking spring has finally sprung, I looked to the weather report thinking it would be an equally beautiful week. I looked...looked again...are my eyes seeing correctly? Yes...it is supposed to rain/snow every day this week!! I seriously wondered if I was looking at the weather report from March. I am so disgusted that the weather would play so many cruel tricks on me!

Yesterday started out on a good note with the sunshine, the Easter bunny found our house alright, and the kids seemed pleased with their basket of goodies. So far so good. After getting the girls and myself ready for church, I had to run to church early for a quick choir rehearsal. While I was gone and John was in the shower, the girls slipped into the backyard to do their bubbles from Mr. bunny. In the process, Natalie got mud/dirt/yuckiness all over her new Easter dress. When I ran home to pick everyone up - I was oh so thrilled to discover this loveliness. We were late for church as I of course had to get a washcloth, clean off the mud, blow dry her dress dry, etc. Of course, John could not understand my craziness...."Why don't you just change her outfit?" Not cool...this was her Easter dress and it was going to be worn on Easter!! (Okay, just blame it on my pregnancy hormones). I don't have pictures yet - I will do them when our tulips are in full bloom :)

Later in the day, we enjoyed the afternoon and evening literally in the backyard soaking up the sun. We cooked a yummy dutch oven dinner, played games on the porch, did some swinging, and in general enjoyed family time (aka family home evening). After dinner, we pulled out all the bikes and went on a bike ride. After 30 minutes, the girls and I were ready to try another bike route, but was vetoed by John pulling the bike trailer. I didn't blame him.


Today is Natalie's birthday - she is officially two!! Don't worry, the two-year-old temper tantrums have already set in, so I won't be surprised anytime soon. I made a yummy butterfly cake for her earlier in the day.

I'm including a picture of Kimberly's cake from last month since I forgot to post it. I was sick with the stomache flu on her birthday, so the poor girl had to make her own cake in the morning, then John came home early from work to decorate it and take the girls out to dinner. Terrible timing for an icky virus.
I think this entry has turned into an epistle...luckily, you have the choice of ducking out early in the reading process if you get bored!

4 comments:

M. Nelson said...

Next year you could do what I did and buy TWO Easter dresses for Natalie! If John objects remind him of this year's Easter incident.

Our weather has been playing tricks on us too. The sun in yesterday's pictures was deceiving. It was freezing! The kids were good sports for their pics though.

Janell said...

What a nice day!

Your cake looked wonderful! You'll be ready to do wedding cakes before you know it! :-)

John said...

You never know what happens when you are in the shower. You'd think after three kids that we would remember to put the dress on 2 min. before leaving rather than 30 min. 30 min. is just begging for trouble.

Holly said...

Great cake Dana! I love the butterfly it looks awesome!