Wednesday, January 21, 2009

You're hired!

Wow, what a whirlwind! The economy is down, and technology jobs are slower than 6 months ago, but I was optimistic. The recruiters that I have worked with were equally optimistic. Scott at Ampian Staffing had a client that received an offer from a company in SLC, Orbit Medical. But Scott's client's company countered and he stayed put. This left the position open to me. Two days later, I met with the development managers; this was the 15th. The interview went well, I liked the people and the office, and felt good about the company. Scott called me Tuesday (the 20th) and asked if I was available today for a second interview with Orbit's CEO and the two development managers I had previously met. My last day was Monday, so I had nothing better to do! Well, I could play Guitar Hero all day. ;) We met for about 30 min this morning and an hour later I had an offer; a good offer especially in this economy. So, I am now a Senior Software Developer at Orbit Medical (www.orbitmedical.com)! This is a really exciting opportunity, and I can still ride FrontRunner into SLC.

To celebrate, Dana and I have decided to go to Hawaii next week. Now to make arragements for the kids while we are gone...

3 comments:

M. Nelson said...

Let's see, get a job or guitar hero. You made a good choice. Congratulations!

zohner said...

Congrats on the job. I figured that you'd land on your feet.

Holly said...

Congratulations on the job and I am so excited that you guys get to go to Hawaii. Take lots of pictures and we will have to chat when you get back.