Thursday, January 8, 2009

My Wednesday Workout

In order to add more eating points to my daily allotment, I have to exercise. So, that is my incentive to exercising each morning. Sunday is when I am usually starving since I don't exercise on Sunday, therefore, no extra munchies that day! I like to use my library of exercise DVDs, which include the ever popular weight training, aerobics, and all-around sweat inducing fun. I usually go about the whole process a bit begrudgingly, but on Wednesday I was excited to exercise because I knew I was going to earn a whole boat-load of extra eating points.

I went skiing up at Snowbasin with my good friend, Heidi and we had a wonderful time. Of course I spent some of my hard earned points eating a nice hamburger from their cafeteria, but other than that...maybe I'll actually get to splurge on a chocolate ice-cream shake this weekend from Jakes. Yum.

I learned how to ski when I was 12 and my mom signed me up for ski lessons. She grew up in Utah and loved skiing. However, when she moved up to Seattle and began having kids, skiing wasn't really an option. When we got old enough, she decided it was time to get back on the slopes doing something she loved, and in the process brought us along. I have many fond memories of skiing with my mom and siblings - my mom, the pro skier helping us with tips, Christy, who was always very graceful and fast, my brother who was just interested in getting down the hill as fast as possible, and then me - the slow, but working on my form skier (or so I kept informing my siblings). Unfortunately, I didn't get to ski much with my youngest sister, but it sounds like she and my mom might be coming out in March to go skiing with me. Yay!!

Skiing is perhaps the only form of exercise that I actually look forward to and I can't wait to go again...sore calves and all!

1 comment:

M. Nelson said...

Skiing--I'm too much of a clutz! So how many points did you have to earn for a hamburger and a shake? Were they worth it?