Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Winter Fun


So, we are getting more snow today, which is fairly normal for us Utahns. What is not normal is seeing my back porch turned into a sledding hill. I do love the flatness of Utah, especially when bike riding. Can I tell you how many hills we had to traverse on a single bike ride growing up in Seattle? You couldn't avoid a hill even if you tried! However, all the hills came in handy on the rare occasion snow graced them for our sledding escapades.

Not a problem for Utah...snow is everywhere! But where are the hills when you need them?!? My kids have had to get quite creative trying to sled around here, which just so happens to be in my backyard. The back porch actually works out quite nicely as a sledding run. There are enough stairs that get iced over and the sleds go right down. It took awhile trying to train the kids and their friends to avoid hitting the new tree right next to the fence, but other than that, at least the sledding keeps them busy for awhile and out of my hair. (That is until they come in and dump all of their wet winter gear on my nice clean kitchen floor.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HA HA!! Look how much fun they are having! I must say Dana, the blogging world is meant for you. You have done a great job on your page!

zohner said...

There's nothing better than wet snow clothes strategically protecting the floor in front of the door.