Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year

We have spent most of the day taking down the Christmas decorations, and now our house is back together again, albeit a little bare without all the extras. John is complaining about the sap on his hands that will take him three days to clean off. I love that he still puts up with my desire to have a real tree each year. He is hoping that one of these years I will give in and go for an artificial tree. Until then, let the sap on hands continue!!

What a fun holiday season. We were able to spend good times with our little family, extended family and friends. I love the holidays and am always a bit depressed each January, especially since I begin my annual diet on Jan. 1st to get rid of the excess pounds I always manage to acquire during the holidays - what with all the fudge, Santa cookies, and extra treats laying around. Rather than depriving myself of the yummies, I merely accept that I go back to counting my points in January.

One thing I like to do to get over the January blahs is buy a nice big bouquet of fresh flowers. It is really the only time of year I splurge on flowers. I put them on my kitchen table and enjoy them for several weeks, especially since I don't have any fresh flowers from our garden during the winter. It is definitely worth every penny. I hope all of you are having a happy New Year!

2 comments:

Janell said...

Oooo - I'm going to go get some flowers, too!

Shannon Durocher said...

Nothing beats a real Christmas tree that brings the true holiday scent in the home! I definitely agree about the flower idea. Sounds fantastic!