Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Weekend-O-Fun (and rain)

We had a great Halloween weekend. With three Halloween parties on Friday, carving pumpkins and trick-or-treating on Saturday and Finger Making on Sunday - we lived the holiday up to its fullest.

This year John decided to cut carving time in half by bringing out his power tools.

Success. We were done in an hour, as compared to our usual several-hour marathon.

Oops. I was trying to take this picture so fast in the rain, I didn't notice that Natalie is completely blocking Kimberly's fairy pumpkin. She carved most of it herself.

And speaking of rain, this is how the girls went trick-or-treating this year because of the rain. Lucky John got to go out with them. They all came home sopping wet. Luckily, their candy managed to stay dry, though I'm not sure how. Miracle from the candy goddess I'm sure.


And last, but certainly not least, the infamous fingers. This year the girls did them all by themselves. John and I have been making them together for so long, we have a good system down - John is the perfect finger maker and I am the accessories gal. However, this year we decided to let the girls completely loose and make them all by themselves. I must say, it is the funniest tray of fingers I've ever seen! I especially love Natalie's 'blob' fingers.

Now I must begin taking down all of the Halloween decor and trading it our for Thanksgiving paraphernalia. Good thing I don't have a ton of decorations.

9 comments:

Janell said...

Ok - the power tool pumpkin carving really made me laugh! :-)

Great looking fingers, too!

Gail said...

Michael has been known to bring out the power tools for pumpkin carving as well. We were at our ward's Trunk or Treat when the rain hit us, thankfully the kids were almost done.

Last Halloween I was bringing a new baby home from the hospital - it's hard to believe an entire year has gone by.

Linda said...

It's fun to be a part of Halloween with young families. It's never dull and oh so fun.

Nelson Nine said...

Hahahaha! Are you kidding? Power tools! Tell him real men use paring knives--smart guy. I am still chuckling over the most gruesome set of finger food I have ever seen. The girls looked adorable.

The Heki Family said...

I love the power tool idea. THat is so funny! The fingers look very festive.

M. Nelson said...

Now those are some mangled fingers. They look even creepier. If that's possible.

Only John would think of using a power tool on a pumpkin. LOL!

Michael said...

Trust a Rimington to turn a festive holiday craft project into an episode of Home Improvement. Propane torches to light burthday candles, power drills and jig saws to carve pumpkins. We could show Santa a thing or two about getting into a house without a chimney.

Michael said...

And yes, burthday is the correct spelling of the word. Only a fool would use an i instead of a u.

tweston said...

Ha ha! I was going to say the same thing Mike did! Leave it to a Rimington! :D