Thursday, May 7, 2009

Saying Goodbye to Reflections

I have just finished packing up all of my reflections stuff to deliver to the PTA president for next year. After four years of being the Reflections chair for our school, I felt like someone else needed the wonderful opportunity to enjoy the arts of the kids, blah, blah, blah...

The REAL reason is -

I have pulled my hair out for 4 years dealing with endless flyers to all the students at the school, copies, copies, and more copies, kick-off assemblies, angry parents who don't like the judges results, art projects coming out of the wazu throughout the house while trying to keep young children out of them, trying to convince judges to please come judge my stuff, and the list goes on and on and frankly, I'm pooped. I don't want to do it anymore, so I have no regrets handing all my stuff over!

However, I don't know what I am going to do with myself now. Literally, for the last 4 years my life has been consumed with taking care of my girls and John, Reflections, and writing for the Salt Lake Tribune. I no longer have the latter two things so I'm wondering what to do with myself now.

I encountered some stumbling blocks with the writing for magazines, so now I'm just in a slump while I figure out what to do, and sadly, I'm still mourning the loss of my fabuloso writing job and miss it terribly.

In the meantime, I have not had too much time to be bored, what with being sick during the first part of my pregnancy, dealing with Natalie's temper tantrums, and taking care of all the end of the school year stuff with my older two girls. I definitely have things to do, so that's not an issue. I just need to reinvent myself now to see what I will be doing to fill my time in the next 4 years. Probably keeping my hands full with four kids, that's what :)

3 comments:

Linda said...

Hi Dana,
With all your talent I don't think you'll have to worry about what to do. You're probably going on to bigger and better things and a cute new baby.
Linda

Janell said...

I'm so impressed that you lasted 4 years! They were lucky to have you.

Gail said...

I volunteer with the PTA all the time and for the most part enjoy it very much - But I have no desire to serve as a PTA leader until my kids are older You are awesome for your commitment and don't feel bad for taking a break from it - you deserve one.