Sunday, May 17, 2009

Pure Bliss

My idea of pure bliss...lying in my hammock yesterday afternoon for a nap while feeling the sun bake my skin. I know it's not good, but I just love that feeling, so I have to indulge every once in awhile. I thought about putting on sun screen, but by that point, I was fully basking in the sun's delights, so I decided to risk any and all pinkness. I did have a hint of pink afterwards, but nothing a little aloe couldn't handle.

Another blissful pleasure this last week has been my daily hot dog for lunch. Ugh...I hate even admitting this, but it is the only thing that sounds good right now! Trust me - I have tried everything! So for now, hot dogs it is until this weird pregnancy fetish subsides.

Finally, another byproduct of the sunny weather means BBQ Bliss! We got to enjoy two barbecues with friends this weekend. Sigh...I love warm weather. Even though my Northwest family thinks I am crazy to love the desert, I don't know how they can stand the rain 90 percent of the time. Living in the desert for this Seattlite transplant is pure bliss.

2 comments:

Nelson Nine said...

Everyone needs a good hot dog everyone once and a while. Just remember to chew them up really good so they don't get stuck in your arteries! haha

Janell said...

Now I have a craving for a hot dog!

Its funny how sometimes the simplest things in life are the most precious of all.