Thursday, May 14, 2009

I love My 2-year-old, I love her not

Reasons I am getting frustrated with my two-year-old:

This morning alone, my cute Natalie,

- Took off her pjs and diaper thinking she was cute. Luckily it was just a wet diaper.
- Dumped almost an entire Sam's Club canister of Oregano onto my counter top.
- Spit milk all over the carpet in her room and her lovey bear. She's not going to be happy when I wash it.
- Unrolled a new roll of toilet paper into the garbage while I was taking a shower.
- Enjoyed dancing in the shower after I was done and got her pants and shirt all wet.
- Decided to rub her hands in the melted butter/sugar mess I had yet to clean up on the counter top after we made cinnamon rolls (This was of course after she kept snatching snippets of dough while I was trying to roll it out!)
- And is making a huge mess of yogurt while I type this. Not looking forward to cleaning that up, but at least I have a pan of cinnamon rolls cooking in the oven to enjoy when I'm done!

Reasons why I absolutely Love my two-year-old:

Just this morning Natalie,

- has cuddled up to me several times
- smiled her oh-so-cute smile that makes me melt every time I see her
- checked my heart with her stethoscope saying, "beep-beep, beep-beep"
- daintily fed her baby bear with a spoon and cup
- and best of all, said "tant-to" without any mommy prompting when I gave her some chocolate chips.

This of course makes up for all the frustrations from the morning.





3 comments:

M. Nelson said...

So sweet...yet very messy. We moms are blessed with a special sort of tolerance as long as we get a few snuggles in here and there, aren't we?

Loved the post.

Janell said...

One day you'll be helping her choose a wedding dress and wish you could have these days back! :-)

Nelson Nine said...

Thank goodness God sends them down cute. It is the only thing that saves them most days. She is adorable!
Good luck with the vacume. I know how it is to have one that doesn't suck!