Monday, December 26, 2011

I can finally share with you...

...all of the Christmas gifts we've been working like mad on this month for the family members we were in charge of.

Stores sell these wooden blocks for $19 per set. We bought the wood for 4 sets at a beautiful $6 price. John cut them out and all 6 of us sanded them like mad one night. Then John and I spent a couple of hours painting them all. Once dry, I got to decorate them, which was my favorite part.

I sewed up this car play mat for the nieces and nephews of the families we did this year. I hunted down this fabric for days and couldn't find it at any of our local fabric stores. John swooped in and saved the day by finding the fabric on ebay. Thanks dear.

I decided to crochet up some washcloths and sew up some hot pads for our parents and grandmas. I will definitely be making more washcloths in the future. I will definitely NOT be sewing this particular hot pad again. They took me hours to do. I'll find an easier version for next time.

I decorated these frames for my mom and grandma. Now I want one.

And last, but most certainly not least...I just have to share with you the cute bears John's mom made for the girls. They love them and they are so cute and cuddly!

Keep reading to my next post about our Christmas Day fun :)

4 comments:

Nelson Nine said...

Such cute projects. I am so impressed. Loved Janell's teddy bears. Merry Christmas!

M. Nelson said...

All these years you've missed your calling...you are a seamstress and crafter! Very cute.

Rest up, you deserve it after all those Christmas projects!

Gail said...

We love our Home Blocks! They grace our family room very nicely. I just had to shove some of the willow tree people out of the way.

Thanks again!

JRim said...

I'm so impressed with all your projects. We LOVE our "Home". Thank you!