Monday, December 19, 2011

Hello, and Good Bye.

I just said goodbye to my mom who is flying back to Seattle this evening, and now I am in mourning. Therapy calls for a blog post of the fun things we got to do with her over the last 5 days. We had such a wonderful time.

We visited downtown Salt Lake where we saw the lights on temple square and rode the train across town to the gingerbread house festival at Gateway.


Mom had fun with the girlies doing different craft projects, cookies, and even...


...helped Alicia with her Christmas song on the piano. I am ashamed to admit I had completely forgotten my mom knew how to play the piano because once Christy and I surpassed her skills, she stopped playing.

So now we go back to telephone visiting until the next get-together, which for now isn't scheduled until July. I love Utah, but sometimes its hard to live so far away from my mom and siblings, who all live in different states. At least we're all west of the Colorado river.

1 comment:

Janell said...

I'm so glad you had a great visit. Its hard to be far away from loved ones. Thank goodness for telephones!