Tuesday, January 3, 2012

My Tall, Dark Secret in the Closet

I have a problem. A rather large, growing pile of a problem in my closet. I am finally admitting that I have a problem and sharing it with you today.

It has only become a problem because I fear the pile may fall over eventually on some unsuspecting 2-year-old. That, and Kimberly keeps asking when I plan on taking care of the newspapers. John? He doesn't think anything of the newspaper pile because he's used to my attempts of making a leaning tower of pisa with our daily newspapers.

I have yet to reach the top of the ceiling in the closet, but don't worry, I'll get there eventually.

Can you see that I am an avid proponent of recycling? I wish Layton would get on the bandwagon and implement a recycling program, but alas, until then, I have to drag them myself to the grocery store recycle bins, which by the way were overly stuffed today. Guess everyone else had the same idea as me.

Wanna guess how far back those newspapers go? April '11. No truly, I do it so that I can continue being the neighborhood supplier of newspapers for everyone's Easter egg dying and pumpkin carving sessions. Really. I get several calls every time. Now that I've recycled that whole stack today, I guess I better get back to saving because Easter is just around the corner.

Totally off the topic, but here's another cute picture of Megan.

For some reason, she keeps insisting that her purse is really a hat. She cracks me up.

And in other news, this is just one section of the roof John had to repair this last week.

I really, Really beg to differ with what the insurance adjuster quoted us. $800 measly bucks (okay, technically $1300, but we got $800 after they put in our deductible). For this? And all the other sections John spent all week patching up? We really, Really could have used a new roof, but alas, it was not in the cards for us, so we will be saving up our own pennies and re-roofing the entire thing in the warmer months of this year or the next. Lucky John. You know being on the roof is one of his least favorite activities.

2 comments:

M. Nelson said...

That stack could definitely pin a small child. But good for you to stick to your recycling guns. You could try paper macheing the roof with all that paper...it just might work and you can keep a cool $800 in your pocket.

JRim said...

So sorry about the roof. :-( Repairs are such a pain.

On another note, I'm bad about recycling but I'm gotten into reusable bags. Now I just have to remember to actually take them into the store when I get there!