Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween 2011

We survived another Halloween -

In case you're wondering, Kimberly is technically a Pirate Bride. Alicia is our friendly Native American aka Indian, Natalie the witch costume my mom made for me when I was that age, and Megan, the shy pumpkin.

We've been having such beautiful warm weather of late that we decided to carve our pumpkins on the back deck this time. I could seriously do that every year if the weather decided to cooperate as such.


John let Kimberly and Alicia carve their own pumpkins this year, and thankfully, no cut off fingers - though Alicia was very concerned about that as she tried carving her intricate pumpkin.



John decided to use the one dinky-sized pumpkin our garden produced in conjunction with his much larger pumpkin he retrieved at the pumpkin patch. Tasty.


Kimberly's pumpkin is her rendition of Harry Potter. She is addicted to those books.

Natalie was quite proud of the ghost she drew out on paper for daddy to duplicate on her pumpkin.


And lastly, Megan got my ever-so-clever and creative pumpkin. The girls teased me mercilessly about carving such a simple face, but alas, pumpkin carving is not one of my strong suits. I am a much better pumpkin cleaner-outer.

Also, scroll back up and on the right you'll notice that I have new pictures of the girls. Enjoy! I think they are such beautiful and delightful girls. We have been so blessed to have them enrich our lives.

4 comments:

Smith Family said...

Those costumes look familiar!

Anonymous said...

Your girls pictures are adorable! I love their halloween outfits and the pumpkins turned out good!

Nelson Nine said...

The pictures of your girls are so good. they are so pretty. I can't believe Kimberly has makeup! Love the diaper rash. I must keep up better on the blog thing.

Janell said...

Looks like you had a great Halloween!