Sunday, November 27, 2011

Our Houseguest for the Week

Meet Shenzie, Justin & Heather's (John's brother and wife) Great Dane. She will be with us for a grand total of 9 days.

Most of you probably know I am not a dog-lover, so this is going out on a limb for me.
However, we've set up an exchange of services - our watching their dog for a week while they are at Disneyland in exchange for a weekend of watching our girls so we can go to Vegas. Who do you think will get the better end of the deal?

Megan adores her, and given Shenzie's large size, I'm surprised she doesn't intimidate Megan. However, the two are practically inseparable. So cute.

Shenzie is really a sweet dog and she has had a ball here. The whole family has smothered her with love - yes, even me.

In fact, most surprising to us has been her favoring me over John, who is the dog lover around here. Go figure!?!

Last night, Shenzie wanted to be where I was, so she plopped down in my rather smallish kitchen while I was cooking dinner. Can I just say that it was a tad difficult maneuvering around her :)

Of course Megan came over to join us.

We have taken Shenzie on some walks where we have had several people stop and ask us about our 'horse'. She is certainly a large dog, but ever-so-lovable. I may just be willing to watch her again. I never in a million years thought I would say that.

See - told you they are the best of friends. Shenzie even lets Megan sit on her - though when I caught Megan doing this, I quickly took a picture, then got her off the poor dog.

Anyway, I still hold my ground on never wanting to own a dog. Pigs will need to fly before that happens.

4 comments:

Allison said...

We've enjoyed watching her from the backyard too. Thanks for the entertainment. :)

JRim said...

Quite the houseguest!

Unknown said...

I love this dog! Seriously! I think you need to buy your own horse, I mean dog :) She is seriously a gentle GIANT!

Nelson Nine said...

hahahahaha! I can't quit laughing about how big that dog is. You are a saint--however, I think you did get the better end of the deal!