Monday, September 12, 2011

I Have a New Love

I am officially declaring my new love: St. George, Utah. I have not visited since I was a wee child, so my memories of the place are a bit blurry. I was able to go down this last weekend with some gal pals of mine, and I've fallen in love with the place! I will be dreaming of St. George this winter. I may have to visit again very soon.

As is our tradition, the gals on my street head out every September for a girl's weekend. This year, we decided to give St. George a try so we could stay at my neighbor's sister's condo and do some shopping, see the sights, and watch a show at the Tuacahn theater.

As always, we had a fabulous time, and I got some new shirts and a totally chic purse (as evidenced in some of my pictures). We had a grand time, as always.

well, maybe a little too much fun -


Of course, that's all of the craziness I'm sharing for now, because as you know, what happens in St. George, stays in St. George.

We did lots of eating out, sans kids. How quiet and inexpensive when you are only paying for one!

A few of us went to see Grease at the Tuacahn Theater. It is an outdoor theater next to a beautiful red-rock backdrop. Sitting and watching a good performance with the gorgeous scenery and the wind lightly blowing is something I will definitely have to do again.


(see: chick purse)

And since we didn't quite make it to church on Sunday, we did the next best thing and visited the temple grounds. Our timing was impeccable as the area was hit with a massive rain/thunder/lightning/hail storm the moment we finished clicking our pictures.

All in all, a very fun weekend indeed. Now I can catch up on my sleep.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Dana...what happens in VEGAS stays in Vegas. Feel free to share our craziness, it's what made it so fun! :)

JRim said...

I'm so glad you had a good time. Its always fun to have a getaway.