Wednesday, August 31, 2011

School!!

I am so excited to announce that all three of our school-aged kids are now in school - yipee!!!

Alicia in 4th grade, Kimberly in 6th
and Natalie in Preschool.

When Natalie isn't in preschool, she and Megan find PLENTY of things to keep them busy. They are happy as clams to be on their own without their older sisters around and they follow each other EVERYWHERE!

They love to do each others hair.
Well, let me clarify, I think it's Natalie doing Both girls' hair.

They spend time coloring together.

They are constantly in the sand pile -
it is my absolute favorite thing we have put in for the kids.
(Okay, John put it in, but I did help with the sand - that is BEACH sand I had put in,
not the more popular regular sand most have -
it is luxurious)

I wasn't kidding about them doing everything together.
I think mostly it's Megan following Natalie around,
but thankfully, Natalie puts up with it.

As we speak, they are both playing the piano -
Natalie on the low notes,
and Megan on the high notes.

Okay, so there's more...

yes, they are getting hooked on junk food together.

And they watch Sesame Street together.
Monkey See...Monkey Do.

And one of their other most favorite thing to do -
playing Legos for hours.

Hours my friends.

Best investment we ever made for the kids
way back when Kimberly was two.
Kudos to Legos for building such sturdy toys.

So, you'd think Megan would have a hard time while Natalie is off at preschool.

Not one iota of trouble.

Today she spent most of her time playing contently with her cars.
Sigh. I am a happy mother right now.
Of course, that might change when 3:30 p.m. rolls around,
but for now, I'll relish my sanity having returned to normal
and my blood pressure back to regular levels.

1 comment:

The Heki Family said...

That's so awesome that they do so well together. I love the picture of them laying on the couch with their feet up.