Friday, August 12, 2011

What to Do With Your Pennies

Wow - two blog postings from me in one day. I do believe that is a record-setting event for me.

I just had to share my good-found news with my pals that live around here because there are deals to be had on school supplies my dearies!!

Thanks to my expert couponer sister, Shannon, I was informed last night of some steals on school supplies, her being a teacher and all, trust me when I say she knows her deals.

A simple visit to Office Max (asap by the way) will provide you with 100 sheets of college-ruled paper for .... ONE CENT!! I didn't think I had read it correctly, but all 3 packages rang up as 1 measly penny. Onward to pencils, 12 count for $0.99. Next up, spiral bound notebooks - 70 page count for 99 cents as well - and, Aaaack - HALT - I just noticed, the guy rang up Kimberly's foam board twice!! Dangit. I'm going to have to go back and get that fixed. She's entering some photos of hers into the Davis County Fair and they need to be on foam board.

...anyway, onward to my steel-of-a-deals, which now that I was overcharged an extra $6 does not seem like such a steal anymore. Colored pencils were $1.99, composition books $1.79, and crayons for $1.99.

I still have a few more items to get (and now a return to Office Max for a refund), but I can see how people get hooked on couponing. I have been on cloud 9 all evening thinking of the deals I got away with.

On a total side note, Megan said the cutest thing this evening that I just have to share with you. We were on the way home from a wedding reception and Natalie's tummy wasn't feeling so hot - probably from the 3 suckers she had at the reception, so she had started to wimper. Megan (who is only 22 months mind you,) looked over and in a very tender voice asked, Sad? Sad? You could just see the concern for her sister in her eyes and it just melted my motherly heart. Moments like those make the other frustrating moments more do-able.

Now, back to the issue at hand. Ladies, get a jump on those school deals and do let me know if you find some other good sales elsewhere.

3 comments:

Allison said...

The paper is a screaming deal but all the other deals could have been had at Walmart. I actually got a package of 24 pencils for .99 there. But no matter where you get things as long as you come away saving money it's a good thing.

Unknown said...

I got my composition notebooks at walmart for .40 and colored pencils for .74 and our 70 page notebook for .20 But nothing beats the one cent deal though! Way to go Dana!

Janell said...

It's always fun finding a bargain!