Monday, August 22, 2011

Hodge Podge of Adventures

I am avoiding the mountainous pile of school papers that need my signature by doing something much more exciting - blogging our weekend adventures.

Adventure #1

Wedding bliss for John's brother, Justin, and his now wife, Heather, whom we love dearly - and her oh-so-cute 4-year-old daughter who just fits right in with all of the other cousins. Cheers to the two of you!


The whole Rimington clan came to celebrate (minus the sorely missed twin missionaries).

Okay Justin, you thought we were the nice, sweet sisters and mom? mwahahaha...

Bet you didn't expect that one from us!
Don't worry, he made sure to dunk all of us (well, most of us) in Bear Lake the next day.


Adventure #2

Nothing like celebrating your honeymoon with the ENTIRE family at Bear Lake. With all due respect to the honeymooners, they knew what they were getting into when they planned their wedding 3 weeks ago. Marian and her family were in town, so the blissful couple decided now would be the perfect time for their union. We thought so too.

Anyway, as you all know so well by now (since I have blogged about our annual Bear Lake trip with the Rimingtons for 3 years in a row, and it just might be getting old), I'll just give you a brief low-down with pictures:

all of the grandkiddios in attendance.
Since our normal beach just south of Garden City was completely covered in water, we had to relocate ourselves to the north beach. Crowded, but plenty of sand to go around.

Who is that sexy mama?
The mama eating junk-food galore with chips, oreos, licorice, pop, and many, many more tasty things not so good for the bod, but alas, what makes the lake trips all the more memorable.



Yah, bet ya didn't know you could make snow angels in sand? Well, on second thought, you probably knew that already. Cute nonetheless.

I am a tad disappointed with myself. I only took a handful of pictures. You'd think we'd been to Bear Lake with the clan a time or two already. I'm getting photo-lazy. Seriously need to step up my game.


Adventure #3

Getting all of the kids new school supplies to fit in their backpacks Sunday night for the sweet, sweet joy of school today. ahh, Blessed was the peace and quietness for a few hours before, of course, an early out on the first day. Thankfully tomorrow resumes normal schedule for the full-day of much-needed older kid-free time for me. I might even make strawberry jam. That is a big might because the lure of the back porch and my book may be calling to me. Oh, and of course, playing with the only one left at home not in school this year - (that is when Natalie starts preschool up next week)


This was Natalie's attempt at doing her hair. She is quickly surpassing her mother in hair skills, wouldn't you say? (you did notice my beautiful do in the lake picture above?) I ask myself on an almost daily basis why I was blessed with four girls and I was not blessed with an ounce of hair talent. At least I know how to take them to my hair stylist for cute hair cuts.

That would be the end of our weekend adventures for now. We'll see what adventures this week has in store for us.

1 comment:

Janell said...

It has definitely been a busy summer!