Monday, February 7, 2011

A Lot of Sweaty Writing

I've been knee-deep in sweat and working on a hefty story this past week, so therefore, no recent blog postings. I've started a new workout program called Insanity. I can assure you it lives up to its name and I have been sweating in bucketfuls.

In the hours of recovery from that lovely activity, I have been working on this story that landed itself on the front cover of Sunday's newspaper. After 8 interviews, 8 pages of typed notes and 2 pages of handwritten ones, I finally had all of the information I needed to write up the investigative piece my editor gave me at the beginning of the week. I may have stirred up some controversy, but all in a day's work as a journalist, right?

http://www.standard.net/topics/education/2011/02/05/teaching-webcam-reaches-larger-audience-students

As for the rest of my time, I'm usually trying to keep up with this gal, who at nearly 16 months is finally walking.

...and this is the side I usually see the most of as she is always off and running to find the next something or other to get into.

Wait - I did get her to stop for a minute -

She's smiling because she knows what trouble she will be getting into next and what joy I will have cleaning up that trouble.

Anyway, now that I'm done with this blog session, the moment I've been dreading all morning has arrived - another round of Insanity.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Go you!! You write very well. I enjoyed reading your FRONT page story! And I still need to come try out this workout!

Shannon Durocher said...

Loved the article! I've heard about this possibility as well for the future requiring less teachers. It has me curious how technology will change the way our students learn. Keep up the wild "insanity."

Nelson Nine said...

She is way too cute!