Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Spring Break?


Seriously. I mean, really?? Six inches of snow during SPRING break?

I had all of the girls winter clothes packed away in the basement, snow gear buried in a back corner downstairs, and the sleds tucked nicely into a crevice never to be seen or heard from again until after the leaves fall off of the trees (leaves of which have yet to appear on said trees as they have just started budding - that is until they got covered with snow today).

Other than the nasty white stuff that appeared, spring break seems to be going smoothly so far.

On another note, much rejoicing occurred at our house two days ago when after 6 weeks of fruitless attempts at feeding Megan rice cereal, I fed her applesauce, and WA-LA!! Since she is only one week shy of 6 months old, we tried a different approach, and apparently rice cereal isn't her thing, but applesauce sure is. Now if we could just get her to drink out of a bottle. That ever-present battle is sure to be around for awhile longer if she follows her sisters' footsteps.

5 comments:

tweston said...

The snow has got this girl incredibly bummed! I was very close to taking my winter gear home and boy am I glad I didn't! Even wearing boots, I had very wet jeans by the end of the day yesterday! Oh, the joys of walking to school! :)

Janell said...

I hope this snow didn't freeze the fruit trees!

Linda said...

Can't believe the snow. Where did it come from? Remember, this to shall pass. Congratulations on the new food. It was good to see you.
Love,
Linda

Unknown said...

I could not believe all the snow we got!! I'm glad the weather is back to "spring" weather!

Gail said...

Spring Break in Utah is usually a big old joke! But I'm glad they still found a way to enjoy it! It snowed here to, but for some reason, my kids tracked in mud, not snow. uggg