Thursday, April 15, 2010

It's a Bird! It's a Plane! No...it's Super...wait, a Kite.

The girls have been flying kites on every windy day possible for the last couple of weeks. As usual, one of the kite's landed in the neighbor's tree - Kimberly's kite. The kite has been up in the tree for 4 days. Kimberly's plan of attack:

Day One: Attempted to retrieve the kite with a small step ladder. No such luck.

I felt bad for her, so while at the store buying Natalie's birthday present (yes, the night before her birthday - this is what my life is like these days), I bought 3 new kites for a buck a piece.

Day Two: A windy day. Reminded me three times before she left for school if I could keep checking on the kite to see if the wind had knocked it down. I reminded her of the new kite I bought her. She said thank you, but was still determined to get her kite down.

Day Three: Taped two rather longish sticks together to try and reach the kite. I think a bunch of string was involved too. Still couldn't reach kite.

Day Four: Took a chair and stool outside to use with the long sticks to try and reach the kite. Almost got the kite down. Came inside and drew up some plans for Day Five.


I think we have an engineer in the making.

4 comments:

Gail said...

I love the drawing, oh I mean, "The Plans." Emma does that too, it's very cute to see their little minds at work!

Janell said...

Wow! That was a pretty intelligent planning. Let me know how it turns out!

M. Nelson said...

Make sure she includes a contingency plan to get herself to the hospital with her broken arm on day five.

I'm kidding! Of course, I wouldn't want her to break her arm. Its just that her drawing (howbeit very creative) has potential disaster written all over it!

Michael said...

That's just what this family needs...ANOTHER engineer! If OSHA stops by, just tell them it's a picture of fireworks.