Monday, April 26, 2010

Birthday Festivities ala Hospital Style

Apparently John's body figured out how many coughs it takes to land himself in the hospital due to lack of oxygen. John's pneumonia continued getting worse, so he was admitted to the hospital last Friday. The docs got him all patched up with breathing treatments, iv medication, and of course, lots of oxygen. He is home now trying not to overdue it. This is of course a very difficult task for him. He informed me that he has been lying around for two weeks too long, so he's incredibly bored.

The only glitch in John's hospital stay was my birthday landed smack dab on one of the days he was stuck in the dreaded place, so we made the best of the situation with a lovely visit sans kids in the visitor's lounge overlooking the lake. Blessed Quiet - now that is what I'm talking about as a lovely birthday present.

5 comments:

Linda said...

Hope you get to do a little more celebrating. Hope John is doing better. Don't the rest of you get down. I understand you had dinner at the Rimington's.
Love,
Linda

Gail said...

I'll take a little quiet any day.

Hope you get to celebrate later!

The Heki Family said...

Oh guys that's horrible that he has been so sick. I hope he starts to really do better. Glad you got some quiet for your birthday!

Nelson Nine said...

What a great attitude about your birthday. I am so sorry John is so sick. I hope you have a much better week!

Janell said...

We're so glad John is now home. Make him behave himself and rest!