Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sending Birthday Wishes Your Way Dad

It's my dad's Birthday Today!! He would have been 59.
We decided to celebrate by sending him some special wishes.

We had to act fast because I bought the balloons last night
and by this morning they were sinking rapidly.

Here they go...

Oops. Several balloons got caught in our tree.


Heaven Bound Balloons

I decided I wanted to start a tradition on my dad's birthday celebrating his life. Someone told me that it's okay to celebrate with tears, so that is what we did. I think this will be a fun way for my kids to remember grandpa and be able to send their love too.

It sounds like the rest of my family had similar ideas. My dad loved eating pancakes, especially blueberry ones. So Shannon made pancakes for breakfast this morning to celebrate his birthday.

My brother planted a rose bush and some blueberries in memory of my dad as well. Christy and her family are making a cake.

My mom and dad loved spending time together on the Oregon Coast beach, so mom and my brother went down to the beach house to celebrate this weekend of my dad's birth and life with us.

I think the goal was the same for all of us; we wanted to make this a happy day filled with celebration. Goal accomplished. Except for the fact that my brother called on speaker phone so I could hear the waves. Remember I've told you how much I love the beach. Sigh. He even sent a picture to my phone. I love the beach. Can't wait to be on the beach again.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Here's some other fun pictures from the last couple of days. It has occurred to me on more than one occasion that I haven't taken any pictures of Megan for quite some time. So, I pulled out the camera the other day to get some fun shots. Thought I'd share with you. ...and of course remind you all of how cute and adorable she is. (I know, I know...all babies are cute...don't you just want to pinch their little cheekies?)




Alicia also had her Choral Collection concert.
Here she is looking all glamorous.

(it was not my idea for the makeup - it was recommended by the concert people to help their faces stand out on the light I guess. I'm not really a fan of make-up on 7-year-olds)


8 comments:

Gail said...

A very nice way to remember your father. I like that idea!

Cute pics of your girls.

James and Katrina said...

That is special!!

Linda said...

What a great tradition. Tara and I sent balloons to George. I sometimes do it on Valentines too. On his birthday all of us go to his favorite restaurant to eat and someone eats shrimp. (His favorite food) One day I sent off a balloon at the cemetery in Spanish Fork, and on the way home one came flying at me on the freeway. I really think he was joking with me. At least I like to think so.
Great pictures of your little cutie.
Love,
Linda

Janell said...

I firmly believe that those we love are able to watch over us. I'm sure your Dad was close to you that day.

CUTE BABY!

And tell Alicia how beautiful she looked!

M. Nelson said...

I believe your dad received every message...even the ones stuck in the tree :). What a great way to celebrate, for you and your kids.

PS--Megan and Alicia are absolutely adorable.

The Heki Family said...

What a great day to celebrate someone's birthday who has passed on. I also love the pictures of Megan. She is adorable like all your girls.

Michael said...

I love the balloon idea. What a great way to help the girls visualize their thoughts and well wishes reaching their grandpa.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful post! I was actually looking for some ideas for birthday wishes for dad on his coming birthday this June 29th and came across to this. This is so sweet... thanks!