Friday, September 18, 2009

Halloween is coming!!

I have a friend who absolutely adores Halloween and the month of October, so she has all of us lined up to make some cute crafts and is even planning a dress-up party for the adults. Her excitement is addicting, and now I'm looking forward to the holiday season.

We made these this morning...so, so easy, especially since her husband gets free wood from work and had them all cut and sanded for us already. We simply painted the blocks orange, stained them, then hammered in the nails and added cute leaves. As one of my friends hammered away at her nail, she said doing craft work should not involve working up a sweat! I had to agree with her. However, the craft turned out so cute in the end, it was worth the hard work.

3 comments:

M. Nelson said...

Too cute!!! I HAVE to make some!

Janell said...

What a cute idea! It's always fun to have something you made yourself.

Nelson Nine said...

Man, I am so behind I missed yellowstone and everything! Darling decorations. Too bad about the falcon. I think Janell, Glenna and I took that hike to the falls. I love Yellowstone!