Sunday, September 13, 2009

An Eventful Weekend

On Friday we had some friends over for a BBQ dinner. I am sad that BBQs are coming to an end as the summer winds down. Anyway, John pulled out his Kestrel falcon to show our friends and while Kimberly was passing the bird back to John, he got loose and flew away. John tried to get him to come down, but rather than attempting to attack the tasty live bait in John's trap, the bird decided to fly off and find his own meal. I don't blame him actually, but he did have to weather out the thunderstorm on his own tonight. Bet he was wishing he had his confining bird house at that point.

Saturday we began the massive room shuffle in preparation for the baby's arrival next month. Sadly, Natalie had a fever all day long, so it was a little more difficult transferring things while trying to hold her throughout the day. However, we got everything about half done and will finish up tomorrow.

Speaking of baby...after much discussion and debate, we have finally agreed on a name for our baby girl!! Megan it is with the middle name still to be determined.

Saturday night John and I had plans to go on a date to attend a Voice Male concert, but with Natalie's fever, we had to cancel the babysitter and he stayed home with the kids so I could attend. You can check out the group at http://www.voicemalemusic.com/ (since I don't know how to hook it up as an automatic link in my blog like some of my other tech-savy bloggers). The group started up at Utah State while John and I attended school there and enjoyed many of their performances in Logan, so it was good to see them perform again after so many years.

And lastly, while we were at the park tonight, the girls found a beetle stink bug and set up several obstacle courses for the poor guy to endure. We may have all girls, but they definitely do some boy-type things like playing with bugs!

5 comments:

M. Nelson said...

I'm so sorry about John's bird! What bad luck...twice.

Your girls are a hoot. My boy won't go near bugs. We did finally talk him in to holding a frog though. Addie wouldn't have anything to do with it.

PS--I LOVE the name Megan. Good choice.

Janell said...

So sorry about the bird. We'll wish him luck in finding another.

I just want to know if there's still a bee in your freezer? :-)

Dana said...

Actually, no bee in the freezer, but the stinkbug did get an untimely death in our freezer after our park adventures.

Smith Family said...

My little guy doesn't is scared of bugs.

Linda said...

It was great to see you Dana! Sorry about John's bird. It was nice he sent you to the concert. Hope all goes well the next few weeks. I can't believe your girls love bugs.
Love,
Linda