Friday, August 7, 2009

Week of Fun

For family night this week, we went back to the Lagoon trail the girls and I discovered last week, and found wild blackberries!! I grew up loving wild blackberries that seemed to crop up everywhere in the northwest. I am so thrilled to have found a spot where they grow down here near us.

We have had a fun filled week with swimming lessons and a trip up to Grandma's house on Wednesday to visit with Marian and her kids, who are in town from New York. Grandma and Marian helped all of the kids sew up some beach bags with cute beach towels for our upcoming family reunion trip to Bear Lake. The kids made their own pizza's for dinner and then attempted to see the movie Up at the theater, but the newspaper had accidentally printed the wrong time, so they ended up at the park (Tammy and I stayed back with Natalie and watched a chick flick since there was no way Natalie would have actually sat through a movie - why would I pay to wind up out in the lobby with her?)


This weekend was supposed to be our fun-filled Rimington family reunion up at Bear Lake with jet skis included, but the weather is calling for rain, thunder and lightning, and a high of only 60...not conducive to happy beach weather, so it has been postponed to the following Saturday :( We'll just have to come up with something else fun to do tomorrow. I'll let you know next week what we decide to do.

P.S. The froggies are all still alive and doing well, though I keep getting a whiff of frog odor every once in awhile. Not sure I'm diggin' that.

3 comments:

M. Nelson said...

We did have fun, didn't we! :-)

Janell said...

Ooops, that was actually me! Marian will have to make her own comment! :-)

Nelson Nine said...

Looks like such a fun activity. Maybe I need the pattern.