Friday, August 21, 2009

Ready For School?


Needless to say, my girls are definitely ready for school, though not nearly as excited as I am for Monday!! Despite the readiness for some actual learning around here, I will miss summer. I love every season because they each have something special about them. Utah has the perfect setup of seasons that are just the right length - just as one season starts finishing up, I am sad but just as ready for the next season to begin.

Things I will miss about summer:

* Lazily rolling out of bed and staying in my jammies for great lengths of time in the morning because I don't have to go anywhere. Basically having no schedule what-so-ever with no homework stresses, no reading time quotas, piano practice charts, or bedtime schedules.
* Basking in the warm sun, especially sitting on the back porch late in the evening watching the sun go down as the kids play on the swing set or sand box.
* Swimming, swimming, and more swimming.
* BBQs, hanging out with friends, s'mores, and campfires.

Things I will not miss:
* The endless bickering and fighting of my girls.
* The endless knock-knock-knocks of the girls' friends all day long.
* The constant in and out of my girls because they can't decide whether to play inside or outside.
* Did I mention the constant fighting?

I should mention here and give my girls a little credit - they do have moments where they play well together, like right now they are playing a board game and before that they were playing house down in the basement with no fighting whatsoever. Miracles do occur.

The thing I absolutely love about Fall:
*The crispness about the air and of course the leaves are gorgeous in Utah (it is the one time my desert disliking northwestern family members actually say good things about the state)

Aaahhh, I can almost hear the blessed sounds of quietness that will reign in just a few days while Natalie plays contently on her own without two older sisters bugging her and I can actually think without the background noise of girls fighting. Sigh. Only 3 more days. I can do it.

Froggie Update: All 3 frogs are still alive and well and love doing a cool yoga/yen position at the top of the water with their arms and legs completely splayed out in the evenings. Perhaps I need to figure out how to do that to relax. ...on second thought, I can barely get my prego body contorted into bed at night.

2 comments:

Janell said...

It's hard to believe the summer is almost over! It seems like it has gone by so fast.

It's also hard to believe how old my grand-daughters are getting! Tell them I'll be thinking of them on their first day! :-)

James and Katrina said...

So fun. Looks like you have had a good summer. How much longer do you have to go to have that baby?