Monday, March 30, 2009

A New Way to Bake Sugar Cookies!


I absolutely LOVE eating sugar cookies - the moist and crunchy cookie layered with thick, rich gooey frosting...perfection I say. However, as you all know, sugar cookies take forever to make and the kitchen is usually a huge mess! My kids love helping too, which of course adds to the mess. As much fun as we have making cookies together, I am finding that carving out several hours for making sugar cookies now only happens on Christmas Eve. Therefore, I am deprived of my yummy sugar cookies throughout the rest of the year.

That is until I discovered I recipe last week for bar sugar cookies! I made these in ....drum roll please...under an hour with not even a fleck of flour dust on my counter top!! Can you believe it? My friend called the morning I made them and said she was having a hard time getting motivated for the morning. I told her I was just about to make sugar cookies, so she should plan on coming over in an hour...that definitely motivated her, but she wasn't sure she had heard me correctly when I said sugar cookies, knowing full well it would take longer than an hour!

She and I were both shocked at how yummy and tasty these easy bar sugar cookies were. I tried the recipe I found on the internet, but I wasn't as satisfied with the cookie. Next time I am going to use my tried and true sugar cookie recipe I got from my sister-in-law that is just the right amount of crunch and softness (thanks Delores...yes your recipe is still my absolute favorite after all these years).

2 comments:

Nelson Nine said...

Hey, that looks great. I think that I need the recipe!

M. Nelson said...

Delores's recipe IS the best. Sugar cookies are worth the mess. However, I think you're on to something. I'm going to have to experiment.