Monday, March 16, 2009

I think I love sandboxes

Natalie just got done playing for hours in our sandbox (no kidding). Now I get to clean off the layer of sand on her bum. I have since learned that baby wipes absolutely do not work in getting sand off sensitive areas of baby skin. It only grinds the sand pebbles into the bum making it red and irritated. Not good, especially when the painful cry comes with it. So, I will be putting her in the bathtub to get all the sand off. This is becoming a regular occurrence for us now that it has finally warmed up and Natalie loves playing in the backyard (yay for me!). I don't mind though because she is entertained for so long and I can sit on the back porch, prop my feet up, feel the warm breeze, and read a good book. Not that is what I call a good time.

1 comment:

M. Nelson said...

I love that you said you think you love sandboxes. They definitely have their drawbacks. But I figure the time my kids will spend playing in the sand outweighs cleaning it out of the carpet, clothes and bathtub.