Sunday, September 8, 2013

Peach Days

I am appalled at how long it has been since my last posting!!  I have to confess, our lives really have been uneventful of late.  We're finally all moved in.  John has finished up Rhea's bird mew by retrofitted one of the outbuildings in our backyard, so now she's nice and comfy in her new pad.   
 




Now we are in the process of tearing down her old mew per the request of the buyers.  Our old house should be closing in the next week, so fingers crossed this one finally goes through.  It should - we're told their loan has come out of the underwriting process with flying colors (according to their agent) and the appraisal will be done this week.   

The girls are enjoying school.  Kimberly (8th grade) is at the same junior high, so no big changes for her, though she has even more friends now that she's become acquainted with several gals in our new neighborhood.

Alicia (6th grade) and Natalie (1st grade) are attending a new elementary, but again, they have made several new friends here, so they have fit in nicely and are enjoying it.  Phew.  I was so worried about them making friends.  I needn't have worried, because this is turning out to be a lovely neighborhood with plenty of friends to go around.

The best part of our new house?  My girls get to take a bus to and from school!!  ...even better, is they love it.  No more trudging home after school because I made them walk (such a mean mother...)



I think I forgot to mention earlier in the summer that I got a new job assignment with the paper.  I am really excited about it.  I used to cover two cities and all of their city meetings, which I have to confess, were terribly boring.  I absolutely hated going each time, and even worse, was writing up yawningly boring stories from the meetings. 

My editor called me in and asked how I felt about covering the Davis School District board meetings instead of covering cities....Yay!!  Those meetings are highly more entertaining, and the stories have been delightfully interesting to write up.  I still write up a lot of other features stories, but every correspondent has to cover a city, or something along those lines. 

Yesterday we enjoyed Brigham City Peach Days with Grandma Lynn and Grandpa Joe.  Grandma treated the girls to some rides...


 
Prior to that on Friday, Megan and I enjoyed a Mommy and Me class at one of the local trampoline places. 
 


We had a ball together, and I got a nice workout taboot.  We might have to do that again.

Well, those are our latest adventures.  Hopefully next time it's not such a long hiatus before I post again. 
 

2 comments:

M. Nelson said...

Glad to hear things are moving along with the house. It will be such a relief to have that over and done. And now with school underway, you can really start to get back into your routine. Same here. It is so nice!

Nelson Nine said...

Yay! house almost sold. Also, congrats on the new job, your articles are fun to read.