Monday, April 30, 2012

You'd think I would know better.

But alas, in my blissful naivete, when I hear the sounds of little kiddos playing upstairs contentedly, I pat myself on the back with a job well-done that I have taught my kids to play so nicely together.

After 12 years of motherhood, I still have not figured out that content sounds of playing is not the norm!  It means they are wreaking havoc on something and attempting to be quiet so I don't disrupt their troublemaking!


Seriously.  You would think I'd have clued in by now.  But nooooo,

the destruction continues.

Like this morning.  30 minutes of heavenly quietness while Natalie, her friend Carson, and Megan played upstairs.  I walked upstairs to put Natalie to bed for a nap, and heard two 5-year-old's quickly scurry into their bedroom.  I immediately notice these two massive piles. 


Yes,that would be the remnants of TWO full band-aid boxes.  

and, they certainly didn't miss any spots on the panda - front AND back.  
I think we will just leave the band-aids on the panda for the time being.  From past experience, pulling band-aids off from fluff is not my idea of a good time.

An update from an earlier post - remember when Megan turned the sink faucet and completely covered the counter and bathroom floor with water in this post?  The water leaked down into the cabinet creating a nice large pool of water - seeping into the wood, now screaming in mold.  $200 to replace.  Sigh.

4 comments:

M. Nelson said...

Two boxes of band aids? A small price to pay for some peace and quiet! :)

Anonymous said...

Love it! Courtney loves bandaids and will put them on everything...so this is just like my house! By the way...Love the basement! A lot of work looks great!

Delores said...

hee hee - my girls put them on themselves to "look brave" - or so they say :)

Gail said...

My kids do that too...
My sister and I used to wrap toilte paper around our barbie doll's legs - it was their cast after barbie wrecked her corvette.