Monday, June 20, 2011

Olympic Fanfare


We decided to celebrate our anniversary this year by taking a trip down the Olympic bobsled run up in Park City's Olympic Park. The ride explicitly describes our 14-year marriage together; heart-pounding, breath-taking, twists and turns at unexpected moments, astoundingly incredible, and of course, the most amazing thing we've ever done, by far.

What was even more impressive about the ride was that I was literally speechless, which as most of you know, is quite a feat for me. 64 miles an hour on dinky little wheels in a bobsled as we screeched around every corner. Sheer shock I am telling you, but a definite must do in ones lifetime, but do it in the summer because it is far less expensive than the winter time runs.

The dude in the picture with us was the pilot.

In addition to the bobsled, we did the alpine slide (aka Quick Silver),
and the 2 zip lines up there too.



It was an amazing 24-hours thanks to Grandma who watched our kidlets so we could stay overnight at this fabulous bed and breakfast in Salt Lake City.

I highly recommend getting away for an overnight adventure for all you married couples. I encourage it so strongly, that I am happy to watch any and all of your kids so you can do so. It really is a priceless time for reconnecting and remembering why you love each other - without the chaos of kids and the other going-ons of running a household.

We loved it so much that we are already planning our 15-year wedding anniversary.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like soo much fun!! I've never done it so I will have to do that the next time we are in Utah (which isn't this year). I'm glad you were able to do it!

Unknown said...

Oh my word!! That looks so scary!! I would probably scream the entire way down! But, it would be so fun :) I may have to take you up on your offer for our 11-year anniversary and stay at that hotel. Look so romantic!

The Heki Family said...

Should we coordinate which bed and breakfast to go to so we go to the same again? I am thinking anniversary inn again maybe in Logan.