Friday, June 10, 2011

...it has begun


So, we are in full swing with summer break. So far, so good.
My fingers are crossed in hopes that it stays that way.

Top reasons for success during week #1:

1) I have implemented summer school for the girls. Oh, they are just thrilled as you can well imagine. Once they got over the initial shock with my announcement at the beginning of the week, it has gone without a hitch. The girls spend an hour in the morning while I'm exercising doing such things as reading, math exercises, writing in their journals, or practicing the piano.

2) We are so fortunate to live next to some of our family, and since John's folks are only 30 minutes away, it was Alicia's turn to spend some time with Grandma sewing up a storm. She had so much fun - and I didn't have to teach her to sew! Win-win all the way around!

3) We made a trip to Discovery Gateway with a freebie pass Kimberly got at school.




The girls even played in the water fountain afterwards - we've never done that before. It is definitely something I want to do again this summer.


4) I got to spend an evening out for an amazing Mormon Tabernacle Choir concert. It was a special thank-you concert for anyone who works for the military, so therefore, John got some great seats for us in the conference center. Sadly, he was out of town working on government business and wasn't able to enjoy the concert, so I took Kimberly as my date along with John's parents. I've never seen a live performance of the choir, so it was a real treat.



5) Last, but certainly not least, freebie lunches over at the school - I don't have to make the girl's lunch nor do I have to clean up after them. This makes for a very happy Dana. We have even been to the park and on a bike ride this week, so I'm on a roll with fun things to keep the girls busy. I seriously hope that rolling continues.

So, one week down, and many more to go, but I have an amazing week planned for next week, so stay tuned...

1 comment:

Nelson Nine said...

Can my kids come spend the summer with you!