Sunday, May 15, 2011

My Favorite Things

I was thinking this weekend about some of my favorite things, of which I just so happened to enjoy this weekend - so I thought I would share them with you:

* Basking in the sun. Now that the sun has finally made an appearance in Utah land after all that rain, I sat, and sat, and sat some more on my back deck just drinking in the sweet, sweet feel of sunshine.

* Waking up to my hubby in bed with me. After many long weeks of business travel, he is finally home again - sadly, he has a couple more small trips before the month's out, but I am cherishing my time with him. I am luxuriating in his nearness and feel like all is as it should be with my other half finally paired back up with me.

I also enjoyed, well perhaps enjoyed isn't the best term, but... listened to the kids bickering downstairs knowing he was within earshot and could remedy the situation rather than knowing that I, yet again, had to deal with the situation by myself. I even ran off yesterday afternoon for ...wait for it...3 HOURS to go clothes shopping with Kimberly with nary a worry about getting home anytime soon! It was deliciously wonderful.

* Watermelon. It is my ultimate favorite fruit. I have changed up my eating routines a little bit and replaced my evening bowl of popcorn - slathered in butter, oh-how I miss you - with watermelon, and it is delicious.

* That part of night when all the kids are asleep, all the lights are out, the phone is quiet, the street noises outside dimmed, and the type of weather where I can open my window and just lie in bed before going to sleep, basking in the sounds of nothingness and listening to the luscious night noises while relishing the days events and thanking my Father in Heaven for the gift of life and my many sweet blessings. My absolute favorite time of day. May you all relish in your favorite things too.

2 comments:

Nelson Nine said...

Amen to all of it!!!

Gail said...

Well said!
That is my favorite part of the day too!