Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Due Time

We have a couch. An old, flowery, comfy kind of couch.


Purchased in the year of 1997, just days after we returned home from our honeymoon so we would have something to sit on in the living room of our rat's nest apartment (which now that I think about it, is a whole separate blog entry).

Trust me, floral patterns and bright colors were the in-thing back then. I promise.

I was thinking it was due time to get a new couch to get with the new style. The thing is, it really is a perfectly good couch in perfectly good condition. Not, however, like our family room couch. That is in dire need of replacing, but that will have to wait for another year.

Anyway, for my birthday I found this couch cover that looks fantabulous! I think it definitely looks better, don't you think?

We bought a cover for the bright green chair, but it needs a few modifications, so until then, here is a picture with the very outdated bright green chair -

-------------------------------------------
On a whole separate note, for those of you who aren't facebookers (if you are, disregard below pics), here are the pink fluff skirts I made for the girls:


It was a gloriously beautiful Easter Day.

And now I have a gloriously beautiful couch to go with it.



5 comments:

Nelson Nine said...

I love the cover. Maybe I can find one for my couch. We need a new couch! Cute easter dresses.

Smith Family said...

Muh more modern! I was just going to say, now you gotta find a matching chair! So funny!

Gail said...

Looks great! I was thinking it was time to do the same thing with our recliner downstairs. I just got it cleaned, but it still has marker on it...darn kids.

Anonymous said...

I love the couch! What a good idea! I bet that makes that front room look soo nice. Great job on the easter dress. Very cute!

James and Katrina said...

Love the new couch cover! However, your family is adorable! And those girls' skirts are adorable!! Teach me! Where do I get a pattern or website???