Friday, April 22, 2011

Now You See It, Now You Don't

The timing of this incident is just impeccable, given the last post about swapping clothes with the girls.

So I bought myself a fabulous new dress a week ago. Even wore it to church feeling oh-so-cute, with even my girls commenting on the dress's cuteness. Definitely a winner for my wardrobe.

Today, I hucked the cute-new dress into the washer, then pulled it out of the dryer, and found a MINI-cute dress. I was speechless. As I went to put it in the basket, I noticed instantly that the dang dress was several inches shorter than it was 60 minutes prior to its fateful soaking.

It is now Kimberly's cute-new dress. To say she is excited is a mere understatement. She did tell me she felt bad that I had only gotten to wear it once. Cheers to thoughtful daughter!

Can I also just add that my sadness extends to this simple fact -- that she is old enough for a women's size large dress (granted, a shrunken large, but you get the idea). P.s. She is only 2 women's sizes smaller than me in shoe size. ...and she is already just shy of 5 feet tall.

I heard someone say once that time goes really slow when you have little ones because the days seem to just drag on. and on. and on. But once they start school, it goes by really fast. I can certainly testify to that.

Now I am in the market for a new-cute dress.

7 comments:

JRim said...

So sad!

(Some places are good about taking things back that shrink when they aren't supposed to.)

Janell said...

Ok - I didn't realize I had commented under the online alias (JRim) I use for ordering! :-)

James and Katrina said...

Oh how we can relate!

Nelson Nine said...

I shrunk a dress once--then I realized it was supposed to be dry cleaned. So sad--it was my first new dress in like 8 years.

Gail said...

Go back to Ross. I just went their for my b-day shopping trip, (I've been a huge fan of Ross for years). I found so many cute dresses! We also stopped at Dress Barn...really, really cute clothes, just not as inexpensive as Ross, sadly.

The Heki Family said...

ok so where is this cute dress? I want to see it.

The Heki Family said...

That is awesome that you try to blog once a week. That is my new goal. I haven't blogged for several months. I take enough pictures that I could even post pics with a blog entry each week. :)