Sunday, April 17, 2011

Freaky Friday

On Friday, Kimberly and Alicia had a mother/daughter achievement day activity where we had to dress up like the other, you know, like the Freaky Friday movie.

I gave the girls free reign to any and all of my clothes and I tried to squeeze into some of their clothes. No such luck. Next best idea was trying to find something somewhat teenybopper in my closet. Success! The girls approved of my outfit, and I did eventually find one of Alicia's vests that fit me (sort of).

Kind of funny seeing my clothes on a curve-less version of me.

Also of note this week was Natalie's 4th birthday.

John was pleased to find out Natalie insisted on Blue frosting. Even after her older sisters tried to talk her into fabulous pink frosting, she was not deterred. And she wanted the castle cake, which Kimberly so kindly helped me with.

I have spent my free time whipping up this fort for Natalie. Isn't it cute? I remember having one when I was little and we played in it all the time (it's just one of those forts that goes over a card table), so when I got a sewing machine and found a cute tutorial online, I knew I had to make one.

It's a hit, thank goodness.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I laughed so hard when I saw Alicia wearing your boots :)

The Heki Family said...

The fort turned out so darling. I need to make one now.

James and Katrina said...

what a cute idea. gotta get my machine fixed.

Nelson Nine said...

I can't believe Natalie is 4. I had one of those forts when I was a kid. I may have to try again. You looked so cute--just like one of your girls!

Anonymous said...

I love your fort! It turned out adorable!!

Denni said...

I love your sewing project!! Your amazing girl!! and you look good as a teenager too. I can't wait to do stuff like that with Kaylee

Tiffany said...

So cute! You will have to send me the link on how to make the fort. My kids would absolutely LOVE it!

JRim said...

What a great Mom! You have very lucky girls!

Gail said...

I love the fort! My kids are always doing that with blankets. Currently, it the big box the new dishwasher came in.


I LOVE Big Boxes! We should have never bought any toys...just provided a room full of large boxes and they would have been in heaven.