Friday, December 17, 2010

Another Crafty Hit

I was in charge of the craft today at Alicia's class Christmas party. We made marshmallow snowman.

It was a hit. Even better - it filled the entire allotted amount for each station. Nothing worse than bringing a craft that only takes 2 minutes, then having the kids endure my entertainment for the next 8 minutes.

Speaking of crafts, all of the 5th graders at Kimberly's school recently had an economics fair. Each student was responsible for making 24 items, or 12 and 12. They had to document how much everything cost, figure out how much to charge for the items, and how many of them actually sold. Kimberly sold out of her reindeer pens, which were pretty beastly to make.

I wish I could say my daughters inherited their craftiness from me, but alas, I think I got my craftiness from them.

1 comment:

Janell said...

Cute snowman!

The economics fair sounds like a great learning activity for kids!