Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Summer Fun

Summer is officially here - the girls are out of school, and what I was once dreading, I am now enjoying. I am amazed at how well it is going so far.

Here is what we have done to have fun:


I bought 2 packages of balloons with a pump - total cost $8.
Total hours of fun - 4 hours and then some. I will definitely go back to buy more packages before the summer is out.


This has been my best idea so far...a puzzle table in the dining room. Whenever the girls get bored, or even many times when they're not, they wander over and spend some time working on whatever puzzle is out on the table. I think the girls are currently working on their 7th puzzle.


I've decided to do a fun treat a week. Last week it was these beauties. They looked a little more professional in the magazine, but they still tasted good! Chocolate covered peanut butter balls. Yum.

4 comments:

The Heki Family said...

I love both of your ideas of the treat a week and puzzle table. I think I would have to put the puzzle on one of those handy puzzle roller uppers so that Matthew couldn't grab the pieces.

Linda said...

Looks like things are getting off to a great summer. What lucky kids to have such great parents.

M. Nelson said...

Peanut butte ran chocolate is a winner no matter how they look!

I'm glad you are having a great time. Cannot wait to join you in the summer fun!

Nelson Nine said...

Loved your beach pictures. Thanks for the summer ideas. I think the puzzles my just come out this week. How on earth do you keep Natalie from grabbing the pieces?