Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Pseudo-Camping and More...

We smelled and lived out summer this weekend and I can now say I am excited that summer is upon us. I absolutely love summertime in Utah - camp outs, dutch oven dinners, swimming, beach fun, bike rides, hiking, lazy summer nights...

Summer is definitely in the air at the Rimington household. We love camping. However, with a baby and a 3-year-old, I wasn't loving the idea of camping this year, so we tried something else out this weekend- - pseudo-camping. We spent 5 glorious hours up in the mountain air drinking in the smoky allure of campfire, dutch oven food, and conversation with good friends, then got to come home and sleep in our very own comfy bed.


This is what I love about Utah - being a mere 30 minutes away from camping fun, whereas growing up in the northwest, it was a 90 minute trek to the mountains.

We also got the pleasure of doing more construction (is construction really pleasurable?) - this time the master bedroom. I can officially say I am not the best construction assistant for John, but alas, I am the one who got to help him on Monday put up the light boxes around the room. The first one went up really well without a hitch...


The second one, however, was a different story. It had many glitches, so in the process, a board went through the window. Oops. Good thing we were planning on putting in a new window as part of this remodel. Guess we'll be replacing it a little sooner than planned.


I also had a rare treat this weekend - a visit with my brother who was in town for a couple of days.


Well, now the weekend fun has led us into the weekly grind, which as usual means trouble from Natalie...



Perhaps next time she'll remember to use a knife for her sandwich making process.

2 comments:

Nelson Nine said...

Wow, you leave for a week or so and so much happens. I have a feeling that happenings at your house with Natalie are a daily occurrance. Keep posting--it brightens my day!

Linda said...

I love all of your adventures. They make me smile.