Monday, March 8, 2010

Move Aside Saturday Chores


Rather than doing my usual Saturday chores, I had some fun by taking Kimberly and her friends ice-skating for her birthday party. Now that is what I'm talking about for a party. No party favors to buy, no games to plan, no kids to entertain for an hour - simply plop them in some skates, sit back and watch them skate around the rink, which actually was highly entertaining since most of them had never been ice-skating before. Normally I enjoy party planning and such, but since I am still trying to keep myself sane getting adjusted to 4 kids, the lack of party planning was very refreshing this time around. Besides, it is exactly what Kimberly wanted to do for her party and I was more than happy to oblige.

In the evening, Kimberly had an Irish celebration with her Irish dancing class. All of the students taught us non-dancing folk how to dance like the Irish, which was basically their own version of square dancing with very high knees. We had a blast. I couldn't believe how tuckered out I was after each dance. That is a killer form of exercising. No wonder Kimberly plops herself into the car like a wrung out mop rag after each of her classes!



But, all fun must come to an end, so I am headed off to clean the house now.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you found an easy party for your little girl. Ours has evolved into movies for the older kids, which I don't mind a bit, as long as it's a good one.

James and Katrina said...

So fun! We tried the ice skating for a party last year, but it was too warm. It is a great idea! Can you clean my house?

Janell said...

Sounds like the kids had a great time!

Anonymous said...

That is an easy party idea! I'm all for fun birthdays especially now that we are away from family...so this year we are going bowling...no cleaning up before and after the party..no entertaining for 2 hrs..etc..

Nelson Nine said...

Good thing you've been doing all that power 90 stuff so you could keep up. Oh, and I love parties like that too.

Gail said...

That looks like tons of fun! Emma really wants to take an art class, but I'm reluctant because I know she can learn art from a book - and her multi talented Auntie. Rebekah will be starting dance in the fall and maybe Emma would like to join her. Aaron is a mystery. We've tried t-ball, we've tried karate, he doesn't like either, we'll keep searching.

Gail said...

As for the birthday...this was a good idea! I do Birthday Parties when they're 4, 9 and 14! This year I'm taking Emma (with Grandma and Colleen) to Alice in Wonderland. This will be fun, Emma and I like Tim Burton.